Christmas 20 Questions
Christmas 20 Questions
A Holiday twist to 20 questions, this game pits teams against each other trying to determine what Christmas / Holiday term they represent. You can come up with your own list of Holiday or Christmas terms or consider the printable Christmas charades or pictionary game at the bottom of the page.
Ideas for Christmas 20 Question terms
Cartoons characters like The Grinch, Movies Titles (Elf, The Santa Claus, Miracle on 34th Street, etc...) Holiday items like Christmas Tree, Christmas nativity, Christmas Wreath, Eggnog, etc… You might want to add a level of difficulty to generic terms like ornament to Star Trek Ornament, Disney Ornament as this makes the game more complex. Christmas song titles are another resource for Christmas 20 Questions, just don’t use to many as people will start every question with is it a song!
Christmas 20 Questions – Game Prep
Come up with 2 or more terms per person that will be playing and place them on play cards that can be passed to the person who represents the person, place or thing. Please make sure you have a solid backing on the playing card, so guests cannot This will allow you to play more than once if you wish. Plus it never hurts to have a few extra terms just in case extra guests come to your party.
Christmas 20 Questions – How To Play
- Teams will take alternating turns
- 1st Person from Team A is given a Christmas card with a Holiday term
- The remaining Players from Team A can then Ask 1 Question per round, which the person holding the Christmas card can answer Yes or No. (One idea is to have a different team member ask the question each time.)
- Team A has one team guess per turn (The team should be given 15 or 20 seconds to guess the answer. A simple timer is best to keep the game going.)
- A Member from Team B will track how guesses (turns) it takes to correctly guess the Christmas term.
- Once the Holiday Item is guessed, the team’s score is how many guesses it took to get the correct answers. So if they guess the correct term on the 8th turn then they earn 8 points
- Once Team A is done with their turn, Team B goes through the same process. Then go back and forth between teams as you play and score each round.
- Once every member as the team has gone or you have played a fixed numbers of Holiday Terms, say 12 per team. – Once the game is over the Team with the overall lowest score Wins.
Penalty Option: If teams guess more than one answer during a turn - Add a 3 point penalty to their score.
Thanks Jenna, TN
These printable Christmas games may offer 20 Questions word ideas or interest you.